How much water should I drink during starvation?
To successfully carry out water starvation, it is necessary to observe the correct drinking regime. The amount of water consumed depends on many factors, but the main one will be your experience of starvation.
For those who are just starting to master the methodology of fasting themselves, you can give the following recommendations:
- When carrying out starvation for a period of 24-36 hours daily water consumption should be at least 1,5-2 liters per day. This is due to the fact that in the first days of fasting, especially in beginners, a large amount of toxic substances is thrown into the blood. Drinking enough water can reduce intoxication and facilitate fasting. Besides, 24-36 hourly fasting are often used to purify the body and, in that case, the consumption of a large amount of water, just allows you to strengthen the purification processes.
- During the starvation for 3-4 days the amount of water does not increase and is also 1,5-2 liters per day. During this period the body does not have time to switch to internal nutrition and sufficient water helps to tolerate starvation better.
- When fasting before the crisis / 7-10 days /Beginners should consume water within 1-2 liters per day. This amount of water helps to reduce the burden on the body, which arises from the intake of a significant amount of toxic substances in the blood, resulting from the breakdown of fat.
After a person several times independently spent several starvation for a period of 7-10 days, he can somewhat change his drinking regime.
So, if you plan fasting for a period of 7 or more days, then the first two days of fasting can be done on a reduced amount of water or even completely on a dry one. This is due to the fact that in the first two or three days of fasting there is a rapid splitting of own fats and at the same time a sufficient amount of water is formed in the body itself and thirst is not felt. Dry fasting these days promotes a faster transition to internal nutrition and an earlier attack acidosis crisis.
After the second day of fasting, water consumption should be within 1-1,5 liters, but all these figures are approximate. It is best to focus on the needs of your body and drink as much water as you want. So experienced starving after an acidotic crisis sometimes arrange dry days even in the middle prolonged fasting.
In addition to your well-being, you can accurately determine the amount of water you need for your urine. If it is not transparent or slightly colored, then water is enough. If your urine is concentrated and has a dark color, the frequency of urination is reduced, it is necessary to increase the amount of liquid consumed during fasting.
And so, we can summarize the basic rules for drinking water during fasting:
- beginners at the beginning of the development of fasting are recommended to consume a sufficient amount of water - not less than 1,5-2 liters per day, regardless of the period of fasting;
- With sufficient starvation experience, the amount of water can be reduced to 1-1,5 liters per day, and the first two to three days of fasting can be carried out generally on a dry one;
- In addition, the required amount of water can be determined by feeling thirsty, or by observing the color of urine and the frequency of urination.
It should also be noted that water can be absorbed by the body and with enemas, so if you do them daily, the amount of water you drink may be less.
Remember that excessive consumption of water during fasting overloads the body, takes away the strength and energy that is necessary for self-healing. A decrease in the amount of water drunk during fasting can adversely affect the course of the fasting itself and even lead to disruption in the work of certain organs and systems.