How to lose weight by fasting?
The causes of obesity are varied, but the consequences are the same - a gradual nucleon increase in body weight. Along with weight gain, various somatic diseases appear - first of all, an increase in blood pressure, malnutrition of the heart muscle, and impaired liver function. Changes in health conditions lead to lethargy, drowsiness, decreased mental abilities, and interest in life disappears. And this, in turn, leads to more food intake and further weight gain. Most diets tend to have only a short-term effect. What is the advantage of fasting for weight loss over other methods aimed at reducing weight:
1. During fasting, fast and safe weight loss occurs;
2. A person can endure starvation much easier, since there is no constant feeling of hunger;
3. With weight loss, there is no stiffness, no flabbiness of the skin and tissues (however this rule does not always apply to very elderly people).
4. Weight loss during fasting is accompanied by improvement of the body and improvement of overall health / breathing becomes free, lightness in movements increases, fatigue disappears, feeling of overflow in the abdominal cavity and symptoms of indigestion decrease, pressure and total heart load decrease.
Specialist in the field of starvation Yu.S. Nikolaev on the example of treatment of a large number of patients with obesity came to the conclusion that:
“To combat obesity, a whole complex of“ measures ”is needed - volitional restriction in nutrition, low-calorie diet, exercise, water procedures, gymnastics, and most importantly, you need to spend several months of constant conscious efforts to de-train your exorbitant appetite. Sometimes such patients really do not eat so much, but they do not know that they need to eat even less, to use even the same notorious cereals, from which they allegedly "get fat". If you absorb them in large quantities, it is good to flavor them with fat - yes, you can get fat, if you consume them in small saucers, then you can lose weight. Only food must be chewed for a long time, then a person prone to obesity is saturated with less food and does not overeat, because there is a certain connection between saturation and the number of chewing movements. In addition, during prolonged chewing, peristalsis in the intestine is 4 times more energetic, which contributes to better evacuation and improvement of the gastrointestinal tract. "
Therefore, it is necessary to realize that fasting in order to lose weight is rather difficult. Yes, fasting can actually significantly reduce our mass. Indeed, during fasting, fat reserves of the body are consumed first. In the first days, especially before the onset of a hypoglycemic crisis, weight loss reaches 1-2 kg per day, later, weight loss slows down significantly - up to 300 grams per day. Below is an approximate diagram of weight loss during fasting for various periods:
1. One-day fasting - 1-3 kilograms;
2. Starvation before the crisis 5-10 days / depending on experience / - 7-10 kg;
3. Fasting average periods - 10-14 days - 10-12 kg.
4. If you continue fasting for more than 14 days, weight loss is approximately 1 kg per 3 day of fasting.
But these are average figures. There are a number of factors that affect how strongly weight changes during fasting:
1. Fasting experience. A person who constantly practices fasting with a health purpose loses much less weight than a beginner. The more often you starve, the faster the body switches to internal nutrition, and the less you lose weight. In beginners, the crisis occurs at a later date, the mechanisms for switching to full internal nutrition start longer and the weight loss is much greater. In addition, as the body cleans itself as a result of constantly repeated fasting and proper nutrition, the body will very economically use the resources at its disposal.
2. Motor regime during fasting. The influence of the motor regime on weight changes during fasting is ambiguous. It seemed that the more physical activity during fasting, the more weight loss should be. But, in reality, a person who leads an active lifestyle can lose less weight than someone who is constantly in bed during fasting. This feature of fasting is clearly visible after a hypoglycemic crisis. You can move all day, do a variety of work, and in the evening, standing on the scale, find that your weight has not changed. But, if you weigh yourself after sleep, when the body seems to be resting, you will immediately notice a significant drop in weight. This is due, first of all, to the fact that the organism on hunger begins to actively assimilate the constituent parts of the air (nitrogen, carbon, oxygen) and use them in its own biosynthesis. Actively moving during the day, we increase the amount of inhaled air, and accordingly the intake and assimilation of substances from the air increases. At night, our gas exchange is reduced and the body has to use its own resources more actively. Remember - movement during fasting is a kind of nutrition! The main rule is not to overload.
3. Additional procedures during fasting. Water treatments, sauna, massage, physiotherapy can help to quickly get rid of fat deposits. All these procedures improve blood flow, and as a result, accelerate metabolic processes and the expenditure of fat in the body.
4. Dry fasting. Dry fasting is better to apply in the early days of entering into the usual starvation. The best option is to spend the first two or three days without water, and then, to consume water in sufficient quantity, being guided by the state of health. Dry fasting for longer periods without appropriate experience is dangerous. Especially it is not recommended to spend dry days in the middle of usual fasting, as for full-fledged own biosynthesis during fasting water is necessary. On the contrary, in the first days of fasting, when the body turns to internal nutrition, because of the active decomposition of fats, a sufficient amount of water is formed, there is also a sufficient supply of excess water in the tissues of the body and dry hunger is easily tolerated at this time and leads to a more rapid decrease weight.
5. General state of the body before starvation.
The following pattern can be noted here - the better your state before fasting, the easier the fasting proceeds, and the less you will lose weight. The explanation is simple - in a healthy person, the body quickly rebuilds to internal nutrition and begins to economically use nutrients. In a patient - the body has to spend a large amount of energy and resources to carry out restoration work in the body.
Depending on the constitution, weight loss in different periods of fasting is different. Full people lose weight in the first days. This is mainly due to the disposal of excess fluid accumulated in the tissues. In addition, the more body weight, the more energy is needed for such a person, the greater the weight loss.
7. Age of the starving person. Young people lose weight faster than older people due to the activity of metabolic processes in the body.
But there is a very important feature that limits the use of fasting to reduce excess weight. This is food after fasting. The thing is that after starvation, violent recovery processes are noted in the body. Cells actively assimilate nutrients and if at this time you do not limit yourself in nutrition, your weight will quickly reach the previous norm, and, most likely, will exceed it by several kilograms. Therefore, if your goal is only to lose weight, and not to completely change the stereotypes of behavior that led you to obesity, fasting will not help you, rather it will increase your weight by several kilograms from the original. Therefore, think carefully before using fasting for weight loss purposes.
The practice of fasting.
The best results can be obtained by applying fasting of medium terms in combination with the correct regenerative nutrition. This is due to the fact that the greatest weight loss, just happens in the first two weeks of fasting. In addition, the average term allows us to include sufficiently deep mechanisms for the purification of the body, and the recovery process continues for a long time after famine. The best option is to carry out several starvation / 2-3 / medium-term, followed by a correct restorative diet lasting a month. Naturally, before the practice of fasting, it is necessary to carry out purification procedures, and the practice itself begins with one-day fasting, and only then gradually increase the duration of fasting. This will help you gradually reduce weight, strengthen your decision to lead a correct lifestyle, learn not to overeat during a restorative diet. Of course, you can immediately get hungry 14 and even 20 days, but without learning to control yourself during the recovery, you will not get good results.
But the recommendations of Yu. S. Nikolayev for obese patients:
“The method of treatment with dosed fasting for most of these patients is common: a one-time complete fasting without water restriction for 25 to 40 days, followed by dietary meals.
True, quite often, when the duration of the disease is significant, and the initial weight is 120-200 kilograms or more, adaptation to "internal" nutrition does not occur immediately, after 10-15 days of fasting, nausea, vomiting, pulse arrhythmia, dizziness occur, body weight loss stops ... In these cases, we use the so-called "fractional" method of unloading and dietary therapy: after the first fasting (10-15 days), restoration of the same duration begins; then a second fasting for 10-30 days and the same recovery duration; then the third course of fasting, etc. up to 10 - 12 alternations of fasting and nutrition, with a break of 3-4 months after 6-8 fractional courses. The duration of each course is individual and varies depending on the patient's health, weight, age and other indicators. Such a "pendulum" fasting cycle makes it possible to reduce body weight by 80-100 kilograms! "
It can be safely said that proper restorative nutrition after fasting is the most important stage in the fight against obesity. Fasting gives you the opportunity to significantly reduce weight and restore disturbed metabolic processes in your body, regenerative nutrition allows you to keep the achieved results.
After the beginning of the regenerative diet, the first two or three days / depending on the period of fasting / there is a further decrease in weight to 1 kg per day. Then there is a gradual increase in weight, but, even after 10 days of recovery, the weight does not reach the original weight. Rapid weight gain in the first week of fasting most often indicates an excessive accumulation of water in the body. Usually this is due to the use of salt or products containing salt, as well as with a lack of potassium in the body. In this case, it is enough for a few days to take potassium / asparcine or panangin preparations according to 1. 2-3 aze per day / and exclude products containing table salt. After 7-10 days of recovery, the appetite stabilizes and it is very important not to overeat and change
on 3-4 one-time meals. Basically, the rules of regenerative nutrition are the same as for normal recovery after fasting. It is necessary to reduce the amount of flour foods, sweets, animal fats, increasing the amount of plant food.
Very well allows you to stabilize the weight of the rule do not eat after six. Develop for your own power system. Take as a basis the principles of separate nutrition. Quite interesting slimming system "minus 60" from Ekaterina Mirimanova, which can be successfully used after the end of the exit from starvation in order to further reduce weight.
Each person starving for weight loss should understand that only a change in the way of life will allow you to achieve your goal and feel completely healthy and full-fledged person!